Are you making work at home right now and are eager to have your pieces fired? You can buy a pass to drop-off your work at the Studio on Tuesday or Thursday evenings and we’ll bisque fire it for you. We will also apply a clear glaze to your work upon request.
New summer 2021! You can sign-up for a slot to glaze your work outside the Studio during our Tuesday/Thursday drop/off pick-up days starting July 13. The outdoor glazing is included in your bisque firing pass. You’ll receive additional information once you’ve registered for the bisque pass.
If you prefer our staff to glaze your work, you can also buy a glaze firing pass. Additional glazing offerings can be found here.
Please purchase a pass for the week you plan to drop off your work; you may purchase as many weeks as you like.
1/2 clay size box ($15)
1 clay size-box 16x11x8 ($30)
2 boxes ($60)
3 boxes ($90)
- Clay must be purchased at the Berkeley Art Studio through our ActiveNetworks registration system. When you register there will be an option to buy clay and other materials.
- Clays include: B-mix, Porcelain, Speckled Buff, Black Mountain
- All Clays are fired at Cone 6.
- We will not fire work made with clay purchased outside our Studio.
- Work should be at the hard leather hard stage when it is transported to the Studio
- Work must be less than 1 inch thick
- Enclosed hollow work must have a hole in it
- Underglaze only, no oxides or glaze
- Clear glazing available upon request.
Suggestions for Transporting Greenware:
- Pack wares with loose billowy packaging as opposed to stiffer foam
- Nest pots in cushioning rather than wrap them
- Any lids or other non attached elements must be secured or separate
- Any overly fragile textures, surfaces, or attachments have an increased potential for damage
- Travel gently, slowly, and deliberately
- Firing drop-off will be available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5-8pm starting on June 15
- Work will be left on the drop off table outside
- Label each box clearly with your name on it
- Please pay attention to social distancing markers and signage when dropping off or picking up
Ceramics Supplies available for purchase at the Studio:
- Ware boards
- Small pails for water
- 5 gallon buckets
- Large sponges
- Plastic to cover work
- Ceramics Tools
- Bat pins
Other items that can be purchased online through Amazon or Ceramic supply stores:
- Underglaze sets
- Squirt bottles
Summer Session Dates
Note: These dates have changed! Choose a week to sign up for and you can either drop off on Tuesday or Thursday evening of that week.
|Week 2: Tuesday or Thursday||6/15 or 6/17||5-8pm||Berkeley Art Studio|
|Week 3: Tuesday or Thursday||6/22 or 6/24||5-8pm||Berkeley Art Studio|
|Week 4: Tuesday ONLY||6/29 or 7/1||5-8pm||Berkeley Art Studio|
|Week 5: Tuesday or Thursday||7/6 or 7/8||5-8pm||Berkeley Art Studio|
|Week 6: Tuesday or Thursday||7/13 or 7/15||5-8pm||Berkeley Art Studio|
|Week 7: Tuesday or Thursday||7/20 or 7/22||5-8pm||Berkeley Art Studio|
|Week 8: Tuesday or Thursday||7/27 or 7/29||5-8pm||Berkeley Art Studio|
|Week 9: Tuesday or Thursday||8/3 or 8/5||5-8pm||Berkeley Art Studio|