Are you obsessed with color? This class is designed for color fanatics and watercolor enthusiasts! We will explore the relationship of colors through a series of exercises designed to sharpen your eye to the subtleties of hue and saturation. You will learn how to match colors, mix colors, and make educated color choices in your art and life. Both beginners and experienced watercolorists are encouraged to join!
- watercolor block 9″x12″, Fluid or Arches brand, cold press *must be a block*
- paint brushes: 1/2″ flat wash, 4 round, 2 round
- 2H pencil (mechanical works)
- paper towels
- cup for water
- masking tape (artists tape preferred)
- glue stick
- palette with at least 8 wells and room to mix colors
- paints: ultramarine blue, phthalo blue, alizarin crimson, cadmium red hue, lemon yellow, new gamboge, titanium white, lamp black *It is essential to have these specific colors for our mixing exercises*
We recommend purchasing materials from Artist & Craftsman or the Inkstone.
Faculty, staff & alumni: $320
Current Students: $225
Spring Session Dates
|Tuesday||3/29–5/3||6pm–9pm||Sophie Tivona||365 Anthropology & Art Practice Building|