Are you interested in exploring new ceramics techniques? If you are working independently and aren’t able to commit to a multi-week class, but you would like to learn some new skills, this is the option for you.
These pre-recorded workshops include:
- 2-3 video recordings on a specific topic to watch at your leisure and to develop your ceramics practice
- There will be no live sessions on Zoom
- Price includes one bisque firing and one glaze firing pass ($60 value). Note: We will glaze your work for you based on your specifications. Glazing options can be found here
- Price reduced for students currently enrolled in another ceramics class
- Once you’ve registered, we’ll make the videos available to you
Pricing for students enrolled in a Summer 2021 class:
Sign up anytime during the spring session: June 14-August 8, 2021
Experiments in Glazing & Slip
Learn how to use tape, wax resist and underglaze to increase your options and vary your results in glazing. Learn slip decorating techniques including sgraffito on slip, slip trailing and more! Explore using underglazes, making slips, and glazing at home, while finding ways to work with only a few glazes to create a wide range of work.
Explore lids and all their applications. We will look at different shapes of lids, different styles, and how to get a good fit. From jars to casseroles to teapots, and beyond.
Thrown & Altered
Watch our video demonstrations and learn to combine wheel throwing and hand built construction to produce forms of irregular shape and texture. You’ll learn to throw large pieces in sections and discover various methods for texturing surfaces. If you’re an intermediate student ready to challenge yourself by learning some new techniques, then this is the class for you. Intended for students who have access to a potter’s wheel.
Interested in exploring more advanced pottery techniques or improving on your current level? Watch our video demonstrations and learn to throw things like closed forms, lidded vessels and the art of throwing large. If you’re an intermediate student ready to challenge yourself by learning some new techniques, then this is the class for you. Intended for students who have access to a potter’s wheel.