Capture the light and beauty of nature or the dynamic rhythm and energy of the urban environment through acrylic painting! We will focus on the concepts of light, color and composition to convey meaning. Students will learn to create an intimate sense of place through observation and the use of photographs. This class is open to intermediate level students who have taken Painting Fundamentals in Acrylic.
We suggest Liquitex professional acrylics for artists as these names are relevant. Please buy only these colors.
- Liquitex Acrylic Paint- Cadmium Red Light, Alizarin Crimson Hue, Cad. Yellow Light, Brilliant Blue, UltraMarine Blue (Green Shade), Titanium White, Trans. Raw Sienna
- Masterson Sta-Wet Palette Seal – 16” x 12”
- Liquitex Gloss Medium- 4 oz bottle
- Princeton Velvetouch Flat Brushes- Sizes ½ in, ¾ in, & 1½ in. (or similar) Flat or Filbert
- Canvas Panel – 12” x 16”, Pkg of 5
- Jar For Water
Early Fall Dates
|Thursday||9/1 – 10/6||6pm–9pm||Alan Tarbell||385 Anthropology & Art Practice Building|
Faculty, staff & alumni: $335
Current Students: $235