Learn how to create complex objects using basic handbuilding techniques you already know including slab, coil and pinch. Projects include making a tea pot, tea cups, and more. Students will also have the option of creating their own designs or projects towards the end of the class.
This class is open to intermediate level students who are comfortable with ceramic basics and handbuilding techniques.
- Weekly live lessons via Zoom
- Videos of demos
- Instructor office hours as requested
- No contact pick up off ceramics materials at the Studio (clay, tools, wareboards, plastic, underglazes)
- Clays available for purchase: B-mix with sand, Speckled Buff, Porcelain, Black Mountain, Studio Blend; all fired at Cone 6.
- No contact weekly drop off/pick up on Sundays of work to be fired (note work will be fired only once a kiln is filled); clay must be purchased from our Studio in order to be fired.
- We will clear glaze your work upon request.
Note: You are welcome to participate in this class if you don’t live locally; however, bisque firing will not be available.
Faculty, staff & alumni: $210
Current Students: $160
Late Fall Online Session Dates
|Friday||10/16–11/20||10:00am–12:00pm||Vanessa Di Tullio||Online|