Screen Printing: Fabrics Focus (Summer)#php astra_content_loop(); ?>
6:00pm - 9:00pm
June 06, 2023 - July 25, 2023
Instructor: Kristin Kyono
Register for class
Discover the fun and flexible medium of screen printing! In this course, you will learn how to turn your designs into stencils, experiment with layering and aligning, and how to reclaim and reuse screens. This class is open to everyone! Beginners will learn the fundamentals, while more experienced printmakers will have time to print and learn more advanced tricks.
Once you’ve completed this workshop, you will have Studio Access for the remainder of the session.
No class 7/4/2023
Required Materials from Students:
- Speedball Fabric Screen Printing Ink, Water Soluble only!
- Fabric of choice, 100% cotton works best
- Opaque Paint markers (recommend One4All or DeccoColor)
- Transparent drawing film such as Duralar, Acetate, or Tracing paper (9x12” pad)
- Additional containers for mixing and storing ink (plastic food tubs work great).
- Pencils/Pens and sketch paper
Art Studio Supplies:
- Available for purchase:
- 1 Screen 20x24 160 mesh - either USED or NEW
- 19x24 Acetate
- Inkjet transparencies.
- Provided in the class:
- Scoop coaters
- Mixing spatula and spoons